Cartoon Edgar Allen Poe-Raven Nevermore
Happy Birthday, Edgar Allen Poe! Today’s cartoon is of the famous American Poet, most famous for his Poem “The Raven”. He’s been dead 160+ years, but a mysterious visitor to his grave annually placed 3 roses and a toast of Cognac on his gravestone From 1949 to 2009. Presumably, the mysterious visitor to Poe’s grave is now also dead. Thanks to Tanya for the tip!
Here’s an excerpt:
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore —
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
“‘Tis some visiter,” I muttered, “tapping at my chamber door —
Only this and nothing more.”
Edgar Allan Poe (born Edgar Poe, January 19, 1809 – October 7, 1849)
And the Edgar Allen Poe Cartoon in Black and White:
More Cartoons Like This:
- Edgar Allen Poes The Raven Edgar Allen Poes The Raven A condensed version of...
- Cartoon Whitney Houston Dies Age 48 Cartoon Whitney Houston Dies Age 48 Last night at...
- General Norman Schwarzkopf Dies General Norman Schwarzkopf Dies General Norman Schwarzkopf dies at...
- Steve Jobs Dies Age 56 Cartoon Here’s the rough idea for Steve Jobs Dies –...
- Author Tom Clancy Dies at age 66 Author Tom Clancy Dies at age 66 Much loved...