Top 10 Reasons to Quit Your Job!
Forbes’ Jenna Goudreau wrote a sweet article on the Top 10 Signs It’s Time to Leave Your Job, and I thought I’d illustrate it for today’s Cartoon a Day.
Here’s a recap, and the full story is linked below.
Apparently, a whopping 74% of American employees are not satisfied with their jobs. It’s small wonder, since it’s ‘work’ and not ‘play’. But we all strive to reach a job position that nearly equals something we love to do. Here’s the signs it’s time to pack up your horse and ride off into the sunset.
- 1. You’re No Longer Valued: Your work goes unnoticed, you get no recognition-financially or otherwise.
- 2. Being Passed Over for Promotion: Company is telling you you’re not a priority.
- 3. Denied Merit Raise: Depending on the circumstances, this is also a sign, but consider the Company’s profitability.
- 4. Inflexible: You try to work it out with a boss or company who won’t budge.
- 5. Your Time May be Up: Culture shifts and cost-cutting within your company may signal upcoming layoffs.
- 6. Management Change: A Big change in management or a new ‘team’ being brought in, are signs to move on.
- 7. Too Much Downtime: If you don’t have enough to do, someone is not communicating with you on purpose.
- 8. Not Included in Change: Change happens. When is happens all around you and you’re not included, something’s wrong.
- 9. It’s Just Not Working: The Job makes you physically ill. “Stress Creep” involves incrementally losing more and more “you” time to stay healthy.
- 10. Chronic Illness: Back problems, headaches, stomach pain, sleeplessness; all signs your job is upsetting you.
More Cartoons Like This:
- Alternate Team Names for the Washington Redskins Alternate Team Names for the Washington Redskins The Washington...
- Signs of the Times-The Usual Suspects Signs of the Times Look around you and you...
- Middle Management Cartoon Middle Management Cartoon “Here in Middle Management we design...
- We Don’t Serve Food Here We Don’t Serve Food Here A bartender discriminates a...
- Marriage Changes You Marriage Changes You Barbara Streisand once said, “ Why...